Top 10 Outdoor Adventures In Asheville, NC
There are more things to Asheville, NC besides its thriving artistic community and historic town.
1) There are thousands of miles of hiking trails surrounding the Blue Ridge Mountains. Hike anywhere from a light 1.5mile walk to a more strenuous 10-12mile workout with a bounty of scenery everywhere you look.
2) Go whitewater rafting in Asheville on the Nantahala River, The French Broad River or Pigeon River. There are several whitewater companies that offer different outings and packages to choose from.
3) In Asheville there’s always mountain biking. There are exciting challenges for mountain bikers of every skill level covering trails through Asheville’s Pisgah Mountains.
4) At the Nantahala Gorge Canopy Zip Line Center try a 3-hour zip line flight. You get a half-mile airtime, which will take you through multiple ecosystems in the mountains.
5) For amazing views of Asheville, there’s always flying in a hot air balloon! Don’t forget to bring a camera!
6) Try horseback riding if you want a more calm, relaxing adventure. You’ll see unique vistas of Asheville’s beautiful sights. Don’t worry about skill level, just sit back and enjoy the ride.
7) Asheville is known for their many streams and creeks for fly-fishing. Go to The Nantahala Outdoor Center for their Weekend Fly Fishing School.
8 ) Take guided rock climbing in Asheville. Chimney Rock Park offers climbing and rappelling for beginners and advanced climbers.
9) Try Asheville’s famous Sliding Rock in the Pisgah National Forest. Slide down a 60-foot smooth rock waterfall. You’ll wonder why you’ve never done this before!
10) For a unique hands-on adventure, there’s geocaching. Use your GPS and try a treasure hunt to locate hidden containers with small trinkets inside. They’re hidden in both urban and wilderness areas of the Blue Ridge Mountains.